Too often, business models and plans are populated with unrealistic assumptions. Projects with these kinds of assumptions are not taken seriously.
Introducing benchmark ranges for the most important inputs into a feasibility study:
- Per Capita Expenditures;
- EBITDA/profit margins;
- EV/EBITDA multiples
This is our second most-frequently requested product.
In this report, we've drawn on a range of sources: from our own database, annual reports, and the Bloomberg terminal to present ranges for the above variables for the most popular and well-known benchmarks.
If you're looking for assumptions to populate your own models, such as the answer to the questions below, you've come to the right place:
- What is the average attendance for attractions, theme parks, and waterparks, by type?
- What is the average attendance premium for branded/IP attractions?
- What are typical per capita expenditures for parks around the world?
- What is the typical profit margin for various parks and operators around the world?
- What are the typical range of terminal value multiples for various parks and operators around the world?
Note: as of the publication of this document, 2019 fiscal year data is widely unavailable. The most recent data for both attendance, per capita expenditures, and margins are from 2018. The product has been priced accordingly and will be updated as soon as the last year's (2019) data is widely available.
Disclaimer: if you're looking for inside/non-private data, this is unfortunately not for you. All data has been meticulously aggregated from various sources, but we do not present non-public data except in an aggregate/masked form.