Too often, business models and plans are populated with unrealistic assumptions. Projects with these kinds of assumptions are not taken seriously.
Introducing benchmark ranges for the most important inputs into a feasibility study:
- Penetration Rates;
- Per Capita Expenditures;
- EBITDA/profit margins;
- EV/EBITDA multiples
This is our second most-frequently requested product.
In this report, we've drawn on a range of sources: from our own database, annual reports, and the Bloomberg terminal to present ranges for the above variables for the most popular and well-known benchmarks.
If you're looking for assumptions to populate your own models, such as the answer to the questions below, you've come to the right place:
- What is the average attendance for attractions, theme parks, and waterparks, by type?
- What is the average penetration rate of the major theme parks into their markets?
- What is the average attendance premium for branded/IP attractions?
- What are typical per capita expenditures for parks around the world?
- What is the typical profit margin for various parks and operators around the world?
- What are the typical range of terminal value multiples for various parks and operators around the world?
Note: as of the publication of this document, the last full year of performance data for many parks reviewed here are from 2018-2019, before the coronavirus pandemic.
Disclaimer: if you're looking for inside/non-private data, this is unfortunately not for you. All data has been meticulously aggregated from various sources, but we do not present non-public data except in an aggregate/masked form.